It is perfectly clear what is required and our fate will be decided in home games.
For those home games left to survive we will need to win at least three home games if not 4. Our record at home is so abysmal then we need full support and full houses from the fans. Now of course we have not had a full house since the Liverpool game under McAllistair when Blues went down.
That is an obvious reaction to where we are and some of the dire stuff served up since. So now come on Villa do your thing. Unless we are broke what I will suggest will not break the bank and could help save us and Lerner Millions.
My idea is to reduce the prices across the board and target certain groups. As a season ticket holder I know many may complain but we need full houses down there and atmosphere’s.
So the idea is this –
- For all seats in the ground reduce kids prices to £5 and for all the remaining games just £25
- For all seats in the ground reduce 16-21 to £10 and for all remaining games just £40
- For all seats in the ground reduce 21 and above to £15 and for all remaining games just £60
- All season ticket holders to get two £5 tickets and one adult ticket to be used at any game this season
- For the other 4 games they can purchase adult tickets at £10 and kids at £3
- Anyone who has purchased a full priced ticket for these games already get a free ticket for another game
I know this seems extreme but the situation we are in is extreme and the measures have to be taken. Of course if we are as broke as the signings of Sylla and Dawkins suggest then this will not happen and we will see low 30K crowds again.