OK we are not relegated yet, 14 games to go and plenty of points to play for.
Of course at the moment it is out of our hands, those above get more points than us then obviously we are down. However there are some ways to survive this and here they are
- Play the same system as today every game, clearly like against Newcastle the players we have are more suited to it
- Play especially up front the same combination now, it seems to work
- When defending put everything on the line, do not let opposition players past
- Win at home, we have some ‘easy’ home games to come, West Ham, QPR, Sunderland, Fulham, get 10 points from these
- If Sylla was brought to add muscle to the middle then play him, we can not afford the time to settle him in, he is either going to sink or swim
- For those games at home offer very cheap prices, get the place full and atmosphere going. Make all remaining Holte End tickets adult – £15 and kids £5. This may be controversial for obvious reasons but for the greater good it has to be done.
- Randy to promise every player a big bonus if we survive, money motivates
- Any player not up for the fight 100% should be banished, no way back whatever happens.
We actually have few options left, no transfers obviously allowed. So what we have is what we have to save us, no surprise there. We can NOT afford to go down and this should be made clear to everyone associated with Villa. Lambert has to learn that a 1-0 win in a very scrappy game is priceless, we do not need to win 3/4 nil.
No second chances here.